FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EI App
Thread: EI App
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2019, 4:23 am
Danash

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
EI App

I have spent most of May travelling in the domestic US and had the pleasure of AA and Delta flights to ATL, LAX, LAS, TPA & DFW amongst others. I was in Y for all of these flights but snared a couple of upgrades on AA as I am Gold there. While the flight quality on both was similar the real differentiator I found was in the Apps that each airline has. Both were miles and miles ahead of the EI App. The info that was available with direct links to the scheduling system informing me of gate changes, delays etc all being very informative. With EI you have to also use something like Flighttracker to keep up with this sort of data.

My bags went missing in LAS and the AA app was very useful in adding destination data and tracking them to arrive a couple of hours later - no queuing at the baggage desk filling in forms.

Mileage was added overnight - the APP was the IFE device and the overall experience was very good. In terms of keeping their user in one App for the whole flight experience the difference to the EI app was night and day.

Anyone else use other apps for comparison ?