FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences with Club1?
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2019, 2:54 pm
sallyerd

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
How did your April stay play out? As promised?

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So I have more information re my experiences with Club1:

History:
1- Marriott website rate: $420 prepay + taxes ($490 total per nt), lowest rate. Rate has dropped $4 per night on Marriott.com since I booked with Club1 4 days ago.
2- Club1 rate booked: $206 prepaid incl taxes. Includes $25 coupon code provided by Club1 on first reservation.

New:
3- Contacted Club1 to get the Marriott conf #. Club1 responded very fast each time but after repeated emails they continued to provide me the incorrect Marriott conf #. They vehemently stated they were providing me with the proper conf #, but were wrong every time.
4- I finally called the hotel myself and they were able to provide me the proper Marriott conf # and assured me the reservation was booked and the room was being held for my arrival.
5- I asked the hotel front desk agent if they could enter my Marriott Bonvoy # into the reservation so I could see it within the "my trips" area (so I could have confidence that my Hotelbeds reservation was there).
6- I can now see the reservation and feel confident my Club1 reservation/price is legit.

Interestingly the rate online shows as $345 incl tax for 2 nights. So I'm guessing the $68 difference is the fee kept by hotelbeds. Works for me as I saved over $275 per night. Insane savings and I'm quite impressed with Club1 rates (and quite annoyed with Marriott for attempting to gouge me for booking directly). I am underwhelmed by the Club1 reps however. While their response times were excellent their skills were lacking. But for $275 per night savings I'm willing to overlook any issues on their part.

Although I don't check in until next week - I can strongly recommend my experience with Club1 so far. Saved me a boatload of cash and only took an extra 5 minutes for me to manage my reservations and get the proper Marriott conf # to do it. Quite impressed.
I am considering using Club1 and see you have long post history with FlyerTalk (in contrast to almost all the other posts I have seen about Club1 on flyertalk thus far).
Now that you completed your April Marriott stay can you report on this thread if all went as planned? Were the rates honored and did you receive Bonvoy points as expected?
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback