FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019
Old May 27, 2019, 1:28 pm
yugi

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Nirvana91
I went back like 20 pages on this thread and I didn't see my specific type of question addressed, so here goes...

I am trying to book a 4th night free reservation but I am also trying to use my TYP, which I believe means I have to use the online portal (I know, blah). I realize that this means that I won't receive points or elite credits, however I'm not as concerned because I have no status at the hotel in question and they offer free breakfast anyway (it's a Country Inn). When I go to make the booking online I do see that the fourth night free is being applied and I'm able to use points, however my questions are:

1. Will the TY points be deducted immediately from my account even though the stay isn't for ~5 months?
2. Will my stay show up in my Radisson Rewards account? I see some posts recommending calling to ensure the stay is seen by the hotel before checking in?
3. I am booking a refundable rate. If I need to cancel, do I need to do that through the portal, or through the hotel?
4. If I do cancel, do the TY points re-appear in my Citi account immediately?
5. When I am checking out of the hotel, will they just see in their system that the room is already paid via TY points? How does that part work?
6. Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks very much!
1. Yes
2. No, call the hotel.
3. Through TYP portal.
4. Yes.
5. They will see that you prepaid. You don't have to do anything.
6. No.
​​​