FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express personal Platinum (USA) metal card
Old May 27, 2019, 11:04 am
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Mediahound
Yes, login to your account and go to Account Services - Card Management - Replace A Card.

There you will see the option to Request metal card:

Won't this method now automatically result in a contactless metal card (with the plastic backing) being issued, since those are now the default? I think this is what WantsAmex is trying to avoid.

Best to call and ask - the CSR may be confused as to why you don't want the latest and greatest standard that they have, but hopefully you get someone who knows what you're looking for and can at least tell you if it's possible at all. I've been asking on my last couple calls with them to see if they can issue me a plastic car and have been told that Amex doesn't offer plastic versions of their metal cards, unless I want a "sleeper" green card (which doesn't work for me because it tends to cause confusion at airport lounges, etc.).