FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class
Old May 27, 2019, 4:31 am
jdsworld

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by HMPS
Keen observation T8191...being a vegetarian if venture into McD once about 5-6 years, where my order is " Make me a cheeseburger without meat " ,
Harking back to my time at McDonald's, a woman once came in ordering a "Big Mac with no meat." I didn't take her seriously. She was being genuine though.

Originally Posted by GM1985

Isn’t the answer obvious?

First: Byron Burger
Club World: Five Guys
Premium Economy: Burger King
Economy (Standard): McDonald’s
Economy (Basic): A single McDonald’s patty in a dry bun. Don’t dare think about sauce or gherkins (pickles)*

*GCH/OWE may add gherkins/sauce on Economy Basic fares
I used to love Bryon but they've gone downhill so far and so fast. Patty and Bun is where it's at now

Originally Posted by HMPS
To avoid the sitting on the shelf burger, vary your order a tiny bit from the standard...this forces them to make a fresh one. Year ago a teenager I knew would always order off the regular burger and invariably they would miss the five minutes or less guarantee or it is free ! He ate a lot of free ones !
Haha, this is a trick I picked up too. Without pickle is a popular 'grill' order. I never figured out why a special order was called a 'grill' order.