FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Crew Not Great? (Poor int’l. cabin crew experience)
Old May 26, 2019, 5:56 pm
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

AA crews suck IMO especially the ones that work on international flights. Yes there are some great crew members but unfortunately the bad ones or indifferent ones dominate the AA premium cabins.

I recently flew JFK-LHR and declined all meals and only had one request from the crew. A cappuccino 45 minutes before landing. Woke up 35 minutes before arrival and there was no cappuccino. I figured they probably didn’t want to disturb me while I was sleeping and I went to the mid cabin lavatory figuring someone will notice I am up and moving knowing I requested a cappuccino. Returned to my seat and waited patiently for a few minutes with some FAs walking past me several times. Finally I tagged down the FA who I placed the order with when they were taking meal orders and that FA proceeded to grill a colleague in front of J customers for failing to deliver.

Just shocking they can’t even deliver on something so basic particularly on flights with relatively senior and experienced crew. Hopefully my flight back will be better but I have very low expectations.

This is partially why I spend my premium dollars on international OW airlines (mainly QR and CX) and not AA.