FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Crew Not Great? (Poor int’l. cabin crew experience)
Old May 26, 2019, 5:18 pm
Spinstorm

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
American Crew Not Great? (Poor int’l. cabin crew experience)

I have a feeling that I am not the first nor the last to comment on this but flying yesterday from London to Chicago I felt like the cabin crew were really very much like they couldn’t be bothered to be there.

I wanted to stand just outside the door as the plane was warm and I was told if I got off the plane I would have to remove my bags - I didn’t want to leave the plane I just wanted to get some air before they closed the door; I then asked if I could stand by the door and was told no as people are boarding so I ended up standing next to the crew member who didn’t look at all happy. Even excepting the fact that they have stupid high security level on American Airlines (which I didn’t experience in January between LAX and SFO on American Eagle) I felt like they really didn’t want me there.

During the flight I would ask questions of them perfectly normal questions and they would say they didn’t know or couldn’t help. No I will come back to you - no attempt to give me good service just a brush off.

I don’t expect them to be Qatar Airways but when they have lower levels of service than BA who themselves are average in general that’s shocking.

On the positive side I was presently surprised by how comfortable the 787 was in Economy. But I looked at business class at $7,000 and compared it with the Q-Suites I flew from Doha to Tokyo for less than half that and I felt genuinely sad for the people travelling in business... (although I did myself try to upgrade).