FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Charging for seat selection after BP issued online
Old May 26, 2019, 10:09 am
IncyWincy

Originally Posted by wyskevin

Since you AGREE the passenger has to pay for the extra fee, does it really matter to pay it before the boarding pass issued or after?

He/she MUST pay for it anyway

I do agree that if passenger had known about and had agreed to pay extra fee, he/she must pay. But my understanding (see posts 1 and 4 above) is that seat was allotted by CX and the need for payment was not even "alluded" to by CX. As passenger was not aware of extra fee, there was no question of "must pay".

Also, if payment had been expected and therefore communicated and collected at online check in there wouldn't be misunderstanding or delay at airport.

On any view, the need for extra payment should have been clearly communicated, whether or not collected right away. Question here - was it clearly communicated?

Till now, no one here seems to know. I was hoping that gurus here can advise.

If there was such a message, it (and all important messages) should be very clear and care must be made that passenger knows and agrees to pay.

Unless there was such a notice (my posts #1 and #4 related the passenger's understanding that no payment was even alluded to), there is no basis for your suggesting that "passenger has to pay".

Nor is there any basis for your suggestion in your later post that passenger was trying to play tricks but got upset when it did not work. Simply, passenger was allotted seat, knew nothing about extra payment, checked in online, got BP and was asked to pay at airport, declined to pay and got a different seat. Nothing about passenger being angry or upset. I made it clear that I heard about this. Pls read earlier posts. Thank you.

Last edited by IncyWincy; May 26, 2019 at 11:06 am