FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok Weekend on Thai A350 Economy
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2019, 8:26 am
ycp81

Bangkok Weekend on Thai A350 Economy

It was time to fly again over the recent long weekend holidays, and it was another 'pilgrimage' trip for great thai food in the Land of Smiles. Flights to and fro were booked on Thai Airways, which offered reasonable fares for the long weekend period. TG operates 5x daily on the SIN-BKK route, and 2 of the flights are flown on their brand new A350 aircraft, which would be the aircraft I am flying on both legs.

TG's check-in counters at Changi opens 2.5hrs before flight, and I was there rather early as I wanted to check out the new Jewel in Changi. Among the first to check-in and received the colourful boarding pass.

The new Jewel shopping complex is attached to Terminal One, and it was actually my first visit to the new attraction, though I stayed rather near the airport. Amid all the hoohas, it offered an instagrammable setting with lush greenery and world's tallest indoor waterfall. Other than that, it was the usual shopping, eateries and entertainment outlets found in many other shopping complexes, though some are exclusive to Jewel only at the moment. Wonder how long the hype will last.

Left Jewel and headed through immigration into the Departure in search of some food. Spotted QR's A350-1000.

Decided to head to the Dnata lounge to check it out. The lounge is used by a few airlines, mainly SkyTeam airlines and airlines with no alliances. Entry is also available to membership holders, including Priority Pass. As it was the lull period, the lounge was actually pretty quiet.

Coffee/tea and bar area.