FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FB Plat vs Gold for paid upgrades
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2019, 5:43 am
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
TMy reading is that they don't deduct any XP in case of soft landing to silver. Am I right?
The website does not give any indication for existing Plat.
But if I am right above wouldn't the same apply? Namely they won't deduct any XP in case of soft landing?
Correct. Or to be more specific, they will deduct XPs but only up to the level you are landing to. So, if you were Gold and that you collected 140 XPs, this would not be enough to re-qualify as Gold. You would therefore become Silver and you would start the year with 40 XPs (140 minus the threshold for silver, viz. 100). If you had less than 100 XPs, you would start the year as silver (soft landing) but with zero XPs.
The same applies, mutatis mutandis, in case of downgrade from Plat to Gold. If, as a Plat, you collect more than 180 XPs in the year but less than 300 (let us say 200 XPs for the sake of argument), you would become gold and start the year with your XP total minus the gold threshold (so 200-180= 20 in my theoreitcal example). If you had less than 180 XPs., you would start the year as Gold with zero XPs.