FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old May 26, 2019, 4:56 am
gav0106

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Just finished a rather enjoyable week. I live in Phuket, so did a positioning flight to Da Nang and overnight there.
I was on 1700 Dragon flight to HKG, overnight in Regal Hotel, then onto JFK. Couple nights JFK, then back to HKG, one night and then one to Da Nang.
Booked separate ticket to Bangkok on return.
My fare was $855, with position flights and hotels, total $1400

Da Nang beautiful city and Hilton excellent. Immigration was fine with UK passport, bit of a wait but nothing major.

There is a transit area if You are hand luggage only, signposted, but not always people there, You need to call them to come.

If You are going on a different flight like me, immigration leaving Da Nang was awful at 1000-1300, took 30-40 minutes, when I left at 1600, no wait.

Both Dragon flights were very quiet, and noticed they blocked the seat next to me as Emerald One World.

JFK flights both went 5/6. One chap on way back was on fare, others seemed regular travellers. Great flights and crew, only no WiFi on either plane. Was interesting to see the routing they take, very different going to US v coming back.

JFK T8 arrival at 1230 was empty, no wait, I was surprised. Leaving again no wait, no priority, but when I approached the line, she saw 1st class and let me cut to front. Flagship dining was wonderful.

Went so quickly, and all a bit of a dream, but good fun.