FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old May 25, 2019, 7:32 pm
HeStoleMyLogin

Originally Posted by guv1976
No, and no.

You would not book a separate ticket with Avios; you would ask BAEC to include both award segments on a single ticket.

BAEC charges separately for each award segment. So if your XXX-DFW flight is under 1,152 flight miles, that would cost you 7,500 Avios in Coach (price will increase to 9,000 Avios if you book after May 29, regardless of when you are flying). Any AA flight that is showing as available at the "MileSAAver" award level at aa.com should be bookable with Avios. (AA's "AAnytime" awards are not bookable with Avios or with any other FFP "currency.")

The only time BAEC bases the cost of a redemption on the total miles flown in the entire trip is when you redeem for a multi-partner award (i..e., two or more BA partner airlines -- with or without BA on the itinerary).

so they can combine an AA award and BA award? Do i book the AA award first then call BA or can they do both for me?