FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do? Missed flight because AA app displayed wrong gate.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:16 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fnord77
check the monitors. Feel like an idiot - I've flown way too much to have let this happen. Was sitting at the wrong gate for 2 hours and it dawned on me that there was hardly anyone there and the monitor didn't display departure info. Ran to the monitor, the real departing gate was in a different terminal entirely and doors were closing in 15 minutes. Needless to say I didn't make it.

Lesson learned - don't depend on crappy airline apps.

Anyway, I'm stuck now at SFO. I got a standby pass for a 10pm flight with final arrival tomorrow morning. Which is fine... But the 10pm flight is already filled. Should I even bother to try?

I was tempted to buy a 1 one same day to my final destination, but I think my original return ticket will get cancelled. A full new roundtrip is over $1000 now for this holiday weekend.

What should I do? Try to get lucky with the standby flight? Cough up the grand for a new flight on a different airline?
Originally Posted by fnord77
I've heard there's no guarantee they wont' do that even if you confirm with them
Are you talking to AA now at the airport?
The longer you leave it the less chance you have of salvaging something.
If AA have put you on standby for a later flight, you some chance. Some people may no show for that flight. (wonder why or how that could happen )