FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Briggs and Riley TSA Pad Locks
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2019, 3:08 pm
Mr. Vker

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Briggs and Riley TSA Pad Locks

So, we have two baseline sets of B&R. Love it and very happy we invested in those for both work and pleasure travel. Recently bought a rolling duffle that came with one lock, but has three compartments that can be locked, so I ordered a few more. I like the B&R locks. The cable shackles withstand more bumps and bruises than most other brands. Anyway, they arrived and I was setting the combination. You have to unlock it with 0-0-0. Hold the button in the bottom while setting the new combination. Release the button and you are good to go. On one lock, I forgot to unlock with 0-0-0. Held the button in and set with my combo. The lock is now frozen-cant be opened with the new or old combination. B&R was very helpful. They told me to toss that one and sent me a new one for free. But, it dawned on me, that anyone-if they wanted to be total jerks-could prevent me from opening my luggage simply by doing what I did. Why would they do this? Who knows? Would someone do it? Its not likely. But it seems to be a design flaw to make a lock non-functional so easy.