FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Piccadilly Line to LHR: 25-27 May 2019
Old May 25, 2019, 8:28 am
Flying Yazata

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by ocprodigy
BA FlyerTalk forum members use the tube?!
Most certainly using the Tube, as well as all other forms of TfL mass transit. Smart costwise and there's plenty of options. My most recent arrivals to LHR for premium cabin flights on revenue tickets (iterating myself in detail, as someone would probably otherwise assume I'm a poor pauper on award tickets): TfL bus and TfL bus. And I combined those trips with a free Piccadilly line terminal transit.

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
My choice would be TfL Rail though. I've never taken a taxi in London and never will, and the HEx is too expensive for what it is.
Taking a Hackney carridge or e.g. Addison Lee doesn't really feel like the quickest form of transportation in a congested metropolis, so I too never take a cab in London. As for HEX, I certainly agree with you. I guess as a GGL you could consider it for the First perk, but then again First on commuter trains has very little added value IMO. Perhaps at times during rush hours. TfL Rail does the same as HEX and is cheaper.

I certainly could afford cabs and HEX, but why waste good money on it, when something cheaper does the trick? More money left for other virtues. And I personally enjoy making economically sound judgements and choices, rather than always paying a premium, even when I would get bad value for the price paid. The same goes for groceries, restaurants, hotel stays etc.