FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is SFO uniquely awful?
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2019, 12:33 am
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Not sure any of these problems is unique to SFO. And I will gladly take any of them compared to the ridiculous hike to the Heathrow Express from LHR terminal 2 (UA gates are the farthest) or when connecting at FRA. Or the malarial mosquitos flying around the terminal at LAD.

Originally Posted by wco81
My UA900 flight would have arrived like 45 minutes early but they put the plane on a holding pattern, pretty much eating up most of the time.
Then we land and taxi for a bit and then have to wait a few minutes while another plane pushes off the designated gate.
Unfortunately the airport does not have enough gates so sometime you have to wait. Usually it is on the ground but of course the weather was slowing landings for you.

Originally Posted by wco81
Then the baggage claim follies. Took 40-45 minutes after I got off the plane to retrieve my checked bags. That's about the average of the last half dozen times I've arrived in SFO. Once I waited over an hour and the first bags which came out to the carousel didn't have "Priority" labels. In fact those came out later.

Today, I would say about 35 minutes before bags started coming.
This is unusually long - most of the time they start coming off in 15-20m. Yet another reason why I never check bags unless absolutely necessary (i.e. family ski trip).