FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2019 IROPS "IRROPS" - OSO, Weather, etc. Affecting AA Flyers (master thread)
Old May 24, 2019, 10:40 pm
silvergirl

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
So much fun earlier this week on AA165 PHL to LAX on 5/22, planned 8:45pm departure

- Boarded, then sat on plane for 2h
- maintenance issue, we are all asked to leave the plane.
- told to go to a new gate, for a new plane. At this time it’s 11pm and PHL is almost shut
- at new gate they tell us your new plane is here, we are loading the luggage and need to find people to clean the plane, then we can depart
- they say they need to find a cleaning crew, so we wait an hour or so
- plane is clean, but only now they realize they don’t have any pilots to fly the plane. Who knew?
- departure officially delayed to 6am, on the app and announced at the gate.
- AA won’t provide any hotels, but tell us we are free to leave, and be back at 5:30am for boarding
- I book my own hotel and leave the airport. When I get to the hotel, at around 0:30am, I see a note on my phone and the AA app that my departure in now at 2am
- I call AA, they tell me they also see 2am, but they think it’s a typo! They put me on hold for 15 min and come back to tell me the flight is DEFINTELY departing at 6am, but no one is around to change the typo in the app! App still says 2am.
- I can’t do anything else, so I check into hotel and try to sleep.
- one hour later I check my phone one last time and now the flight is canceled! No rebooking options on the app, other than indirect flights to Ontario (original destination was LAX)
- call AA and somehow they manage to find me a direct flight the next day