FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]
Old May 24, 2019, 12:54 pm
SASegments

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
Originally Posted by fassy
The one thing I LOVE about SK Plus is, for the last 2 years I never had an issue walking up to the gate of an earlier flight to ask if they can move me up. Gate agent: "Oh, you're on a Plus ticket, no problem... Done!".
This seems to have become more strict. I’ve previously been able to do that in Go but no longer. This week I had a long stopover in CPH because the connection time to the earlier onward flight was only 30 mins. I had plenty of time and tried to get on it arguing to gate agent that it was not a case of having booked a late flight but a case of not being able to book the earlier one. And I’m EBG.

Gate agent very understanding but said that they monitor everything he does in Stockholm and that they only do that for Pandion in Go and Plus tickets.

Tried again in Lounge and she was also very friendly but said her system did not allow her to do it, ie. technically.

Also, I couldn’t upgrade as there was less than an hour to takeoff.

Does anyone know if I next time can bid for an upgrade on just the last segment and solve the issue? It would be a Plus segment but don’t know if the lowest booking class rules would apply (first leg would be Go due to company policy and I don’t want to bid for double upgrade).