FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enterprise plus Upgrade certificates - Valid in Portugal?
Old May 24, 2019, 10:57 am
kcaluwae

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Enterprise plus Upgrade certificates - Valid in Portugal?

Did anybody have some luck with these upgrade certificates? I'm new to enterprise and they matched my status so I got 2 upgrade certificates.
My first rental is coming up in Portugal.

This is what is stated in the T&C :

In late February or upon achieving a higher membership tier level, Members will be sent certificates for Space-Available One-Car-Class Upgrades (up to a Full-size vehicle) valid on paid rentals at all participating Enterprise Rent-A-Car locations and redeemable at the counter
And this is what it says on the upgrade certificate :

Offer valid on reservations made in advance for participating locations in North
America for Economy up to Standard size vehicles; the UK for Class A Mini up to Class
D Large Compact vehicles; Ireland for Class A Mini up to Large Compact vehicles;
Germany for Mini up to Compact vehicles; France for Mini up to Compact vehicles;
participating Latin America and Caribbean countries for Economy up to Compact
vehicles; and Spain for Economy up to Compact vehicles at standard daily or weekly
rates; Present this original certificate at the Enterprise counter, and if a car in the next
available higher class is available, you will be upgraded at no extra charge. Car hire
must be for 26 days or less and end prior to expiry date. Certificate may not be used in
conjunction with any other coupon, offer or discounted rate. Vehicles are subject to
availability. Other restrictions, including holiday and blackout dates, may apply. Normal
car hire qualifications apply. Void where prohibited. Cash value: 1/100¢.
Portugal is not mentioned on the certificate. Does this mean that there are no car class restrictions in Portugal or is it not possible to upgrade in Portugal? (which would not be in line with the T&C). Like so often it is very vague and leaves room for interpretation :-(