FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2019, 10:04 am
canyonleo

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Never understood the allure of the Andaz.... Have you considered the Hyatt Regency Maui? It's cheaper (normally), has a good club lounge with all day offerings, and lots of ocean front rooms. Call it sentimentalism, but I've always loved this property.... plus West Maui has so many charms (Lahaina, driving around the north side, Whaler's village, black rock, etc..)

Never understood?

You must not be all that into the reefs and undersea life, and understand the value Ulua offers for diversity, entry level shorediving, beach facilities...

You must not be a milenial single looking for a little (note I said "a little") on-property (as in on property) action, one with milenial singles.

You must not go crazy for good Japanese food, and care much about having one of Maui's best restaurants on property (no worries, I'm asleep shortly after they open).

You must not know Makena very well. Other than Slaughterhouse, name one other beach(sand) in West Maui (which I love) where you can go and literally not see another human (Honolua and Namalu don't count, no sand).

You must not care about access to the rest of the island, as Wailea/Kihei > Kaanapali/Lahaina for that.

...just presenting the counter - I love all Maui areas.