FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - European ePassport gates - removing glasses?
Old May 24, 2019, 8:36 am
maastrichtmouse

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurostar, Miles&Smiles
Originally Posted by IverTheCat
Using an ePassport gate is one of the rare times during my life when I am forced to take off my glasses, and it can be a bit disorientating particularly when you are trying to squint to see what is on the screen.

Although when flying BA into T5 and T3 (and T2 and T4 for that matter) the machines force you to take off your glasses, I've noticed the ePassport machines at Schiphol work even when I keep them on. Similarly for the German ones.

Out of interest, does anyone know which machines at European airports in particular work *with* glasses on? I would rather not take them off if I could avoid it!
Strange, if they are human backed, that they ask you to remove the glasses. I suppose it's for large disfiguring glasses (like sun glasses).

I, likewise, cannot see much without mine on. I leave mine on at all airports, including Manchester in the UK. I think the last time I went through Heathrow I was reaching to take them off when the machine popped open anyway.