FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying IB / Iberia: seat selection, finding & using PNR, etc. issues
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:46 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by conklaven
No disagreement here but this is actually the return trip of a long trip to visit me. (Family medical reasons I love overseas) so wife wasn't pregnant at the time of booking nor did we realize how "active" our daughter would be. Also financially an extra ticket is not an option.

Ive reached out to Iberia phone and Twitter with no luck. They pass it off to AA since it has an AA number. AA says Iberia isn't allowing them to reserve a seat. I've spent weeks trying to resolve this and finally figured there is no option except cchanging the flights to AA metal.
The operating airline is Iberia? So this isn't "AA kicked pregnant wife and lap infant out of bulkhead", it's Iberia. And IB controls the seats on their flight. You need to deal with them, in my experience. (And sestbissues with Iberia can get sticky. See Iberia's seat policies here,

and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

AA might let you change to an AA marketed and operated flight, but unless you're on a more flexible fare basis than you indicate here, it's not likely to do so without change fees and charging the difference between the fare class you purchased and the fare classes available now.