FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2019, 9:42 pm
BillBurn

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Just wanted to post a quick trip report. I am an Ambassador elite and I Booked a 1 night award stay on a weekend night during mid-May. Applied an SNA at booking but got an email the day before arrival that the SNA could not be honored and the SNA was refunded to my account. When I showed up to the hotel they told me that while they couldn't honor my SNA in advance, they were now able to offer me an upgrade to a Overlook Suite (several categories above the Astor Suite I had tried to get with the SNA). Very nice!

This is the 1st time I have stayed at the St. Regis SF compared to 20+ nights at the Ritz SF. I have NEVER been upgraded to a suite at the Ritz despite staying there for numerous paid and award stays (although they have upgraded me to the Club Level twice). My wife greatly enjoyed the complimentary coffee/tea room service and we both enjoyed the free breakfast (which the Ritz doesn't offer). The St Regis has a much more modern feel than the Ritz and I am surprised to read that they are going to be redoing the suites/rooms because the one we stayed in seemed nicer/newer than the Ritz rooms.

After this stay I am seriously questioning my loyalties to the Ritz. Thanks to @bhrubin for highly recommending the St. Regis otherwise I probably wouldn't have tried it!