FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2019, 6:41 pm
narvik

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
PVG-ORD May 22, 2019.

The Champagne was Ayala Vintage 2009.
However, there was a funny business about it. My wife was traveling with me (that's important for the rest of the story). The first glass of Champagne was served out of our sight. When it came time for our first refill, the flight attendant came with the bottle but his hand was covering the label. My wife asked to see the label: it was Chandon Sparkling Wine. My wife had seen that the flight attendant had brought ten minutes earlier some Ayala to a passenger sitting in Row 10. At that time, he had bypassed us even though our glasses were empty (we were in Row 9). My wife questioned why she was being served a sparkling wine. The attendant said that only one bottle of Champagne had been loaded in the plane and blamed it to the over-consumption of Champagne on the outbound flight. A little more discussion about it from my wife's part. Then the flight attendant said that there was another sparkling wine loaded and would my wife like to see it. She said yes. What appeared was the Ayala Vintage 2009. That's what we got for our second and third glasses.
Wow! That's a lot of concealment on the FA's part!

You get salmon, we get tilapia. My wife ordered it since the other choices were not appealing. It was a greyish overcooked mess and was not good.
Urghh. Sorry to hear.
Hope you get a chance to taste the GOOD fish that UA_Flyer and I had. Definitely a highlight!

There were no macarons. The Purser told my wife that they are only loaded on flights from Europe. Really?
Pure lies!

There were no arrival chocolates.
If it's the same old 99.9% Kremelta-fat ones, that are tasteless and an abomination of even being called "chocolate", you didn't miss much!