FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW - New Terminal F announced, C renovation to occur (~2020-2025)
Old May 23, 2019, 11:02 am
jayer

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
It'll be interesting for sure to see what they do with the Skylink, but if they do tear down the track that's already in the future "F" spot, it would seem like such a waste. Imagine the money and riding time that could have been saved from Skylink going straight to D/E instead of an unnecessary journey around the Express South parking lot.

In addition, if they do rebuild the tracks at F, they'd have to at least build something temporary in the meantime as there is no way they're going to shut down the Skylink for 5 years. So while I'm also not sure how they build a terminal around the existing tracks, I would think that would be the smartest thing.
It didn't really make any real financial sense to tear down the old parking garages just to replace them with bigger better ones. But they did. They are bigger. They are arguably better (except for getting into and out of, but I digress). Not to mention tearing down an entire hotel just to move it over a few feet. How many millions did that cost? But it is bigger and better.