FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Washington, DC - where to stay?
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2019, 5:18 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by albie
Just had a look and it looks lovely, although is closed for renovations until June, with restaurants not opening until end of June, which makes me a bit wary. On the one hand, would be nice in a newly renovated room. On the other, if their renovation schedule slips by 2-3 weeks, could leave us without accommodation or staying in a construction site... May call them to check how they handle.

PS - tried to DM you back, @GUWonder, but got this error: GUWonder has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space. Will try again later.
I've opened up a few spots in my message box.

I would expect this hotel to have some plans in place to fix things if thing aren't good enough for their guests' expectations when the property is to have come off a major renovation. I wouldn't be too concerned with the hotel restaurant situation in the area, as DC has a lot of pretty good ones beyond hotels. And other than perhaps for breakfast, there is too much on offer on the DC food scene to want to stick to any single hotel restaurant option too much when only in DC for a week. This is being said by the guy who tends to go to the same places repeatedly over many many years and isn't exactly practicing what I'm preaching when it comes to the eating choices.