FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR to and from Bangkok (BKK) - Non Lounge Discussion
Old May 23, 2019, 12:54 am
Johnnieboy

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Thanks .. sounds doable, though not necessarily safe .. On time record for the QR832 doesn't seem that great .. though they have padded the schedule a bit more ... until recently it was an 0830 departure from DOH .. seems to be 0815 now , but by the time I'm travelling in July it's 0800 and the arrival into BKK is always 1900 .. so it's padded out by an extra half hour in the summer which hopefully would improve the arrival punctuality
It's definitely risky, given that check in for your onward flight will shut an hour before departure. If you could check your bags through and stay airside then I'd definitely go for it.

But the combination of a few normal factors at BKK could raise your heart rate - long walk from a distant gate, a few people in front of you at fast track immigration, a ten minute wait for your bags, getting pulled for a luggage scan on the way out, massive crowds on the departures floor impeding your dash to check in...

That said, I flew into BKK on Saturday, was first to immigration off our flight where there were three officers waiting and no passengers, and my bag was already on the belt. So I flew through.

Incidentally on a separate note, they have started taking finger print scans at Thai immigration now.