FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old May 22, 2019, 10:03 pm
ninim2200

Originally Posted by AndyGator87
My dog received an email 2/11 with a 9-digit code, no 24-month language in the email or on the application page with an expiration date of 3/5.

I used it to apply 2/23, was able to change the first name to mine. They called me today and approved me after verifying I applied. CSR rep brought up the 50/2500 welcome offer from the email on her own.

Here's hoping I get a 20k adjustment.
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
DP: 3rd card in 3 months. Was not auto-approved (first 2 were). I followed the instructions in FAQ question 7; it followed that script exactly and I was approved.

I used an emailed mailer from AA (9-digit code, same dates as quoted post). 50k / $2500. When I was approved on the phone, the agent mentioned that I'd get the bonus if I spent $2500.

As a different datapoint, my coworker also applied through an AA email with a 9-digit code, got auto-approved, and, today, got a physical approval confirmation letter with the bonus confirmed.

I think it's time to update the FAQ to make it clear that these emailed 9-digit codes do work the same as the physical ones (though, they seem to expire on time or almost on time -- no 2-month grace). I've seen enough data points to be convinced.

These emailed offers are actually pretty good since you can (presumably) match +20k miles. Looking forward to reading my email on March 11!
Originally Posted by ninim2200
I was wondering if there has been any experiments with the emailers which have 9 digit invitation codes without the mention of the 24 month language, if they work they could be a good substitute/backup to the regular mailers.
I found the answer to my question, Thank you Mia