FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz HLE vs Airport?
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2019, 8:53 pm
themicah

Originally Posted by sunpass
How can you agree to take an undesirable car from a Hertz Local Edition only to turn around and "swap it" at a nearby airport location? Isn't it the case that when you sign your rental contract at the Hertz Local Edition, you are affirming you are renting that vehicle and will by the end of the contract period return that vehicle to that location?
When you swap they print you a new contract identifying the correct car, but don't charge you anything extra. If they're busy and you're just being picky because you want a sunroof or something, they might tell you to take a hike. But if they have a car in the right class and you have a valid reason for wanting/needing to swap (wrong car class, something wrong with the car, etc.), they'll usually make it happen if they have the inventory. For example I arrived at FLL during spring break a couple years ago and the only minivan they had for my FLL-TPA roadtrip was a base model Sienna with 55k miles, the smell of stale cigarettes, a broken power door, and a missing fog light. I took it since i had no choice but arranged to swap it at RSW (which is right off the highway between FLL and TPA), where they gave me a brand new fully-loaded Pacifica.