FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Washington, DC - where to stay?
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2019, 5:17 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by albie
Traveling to DC in late July (yes, I know it will be hot) with my family - two almost 10 year olds and an 11 year old + husband. I've been before, many years ago, but first trip for the kids (and possibly my husband? Can't remember!). Six nights. We aren't planning to have a car - will walk or use metro or taxis. Prefer luxury hotel or similar - but not sure best location/hotel, and most posts I'm finding on FT are 2+ years old, so not sure how relevant they still are. We like to spend time in the hotel room, so would like larger rooms - will probably look for a suite with connecting room. Pool would be a plus, but not required.
Suggestions? Some that I'm looking at include Ritz-Carlton Washington DC, Park Hyatt, The Watergate, Intercontinental The Willard - but I'm not limited to those.
Have you considered using an AirBnb or corporate rental arrangement for such a stay? Some of them may have good outdoor pools, decent gyms and even a staffed front desk and provide more living space than a hotel suite with or without a connecting room.