FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - R there ever bus class sale fares USA-Australia on JAL, Qantas, Emirates or Fiji?
Old May 22, 2019, 5:05 pm
ContinentalFan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by Emjay99
hey there!

I’m new to the forum so if im asking a question that’s been asked hundreds of times before just let me know where to look! 😄

So ive just done another grueling five day trip lax-melb Australia economy. I do a few a year as well as a lot of USA domestic.

And I’m now at the stage where I can not hack flying economy USA to Australia anymore and premium isn’t much better. So I figure perhaps the best thing to do is buy one bus class flight a year to from Australia, this will keep my gold status on Alaskan (provided I do the bus class flight on Alaska partners), and then use points for all the other flights I might want to do during the year.

So yes I will have the outlay of one business class USA-Australia fare a year but the other flights I can strategically book using points and not have to worry about losing my status.

i mean the ultimate way for making sure I keep my Alaska gold status would be a return business fare on emirates lax to melb. Hell of a long flight but in luxury so totally bearable. And I would be clocking up so many miles.

my question is though, are there ever business class fare sales on Alaska partners (ie Qantas, Emirates, Fiji air, American , japan or Cathay ) from USA to Australia?

Are there ever return fares for say under $3000?

thanks so much everyone.... I’m new to the business class world so would love any advice!

xx
Also, United starts SFO/MEL in late October, so there just might be some attractive pricing from competitors for a few weeks later this year.