Old May 22, 19, 12:41 pm
orca15

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post

Upgraded to a full suite at the Renaissance Hong Kong. Upgraded to a Marvelous Suite at the W Panama, 2 nights $145 AAA rate. Full suite at the W Santiago. Junior Suite on the Club Floor Westin Wall Centre Vancouver. Full suite for 4 nights at the new Westin Brisbane. Reefside Villa upgraded to an OVW Bungalo Island View at the St. Regis Bora Bora, 2 night stay. Bottle of Billecart Salmon Brut Champaign on ice, a large bottle of Evian and a large bottle of San Pellegrino accompanied with a platter of French Macaroons on a bed of freshly grated coconut was sent over with a note thanking me for being a Titanium Member.

James
This paragraph alone exceeds my entire lifecycle of good deals with Marriott and Hilton combined , 100 nights per year, so we are clearly doing something different.

Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Always smart to make a judgment of an entire brand off of a single short-term stay
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post

Considering that one pre-merger program had suite upgrades written into the rules and the other didn't, it's Bizarro-world to suggest that the latter is better than the former in that respect

And for the poster that said I was making a conclusion based on a single stay, you clearly didn't read my post. I asked if I was missing something. Perhaps the no club, no upgrade, no free water, and muffins were indeed an outlier, As someone who has only stayed in Westin once recently, the prudent thing to do would seem to be to ask the crowd WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM DOING. Even the title is a question to the crowd.

Since FlyerTalk is purportedly a place to share experiences and travel tips, I never understand why folks like that want to berate those of us asking for people to share experiences and travel tips.