FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Oversold Business class on our flight this week, we lost award seats
Old May 22, 2019, 12:27 pm
Erasmus

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by carlosdca
In this particular case, what does the phone agent see?
I'm going to guess the agent may see flight oversold, seat to be assigned at airport.
I'm not sure on what basis the agent could have done anything other than voluntary re-ticketing, which is what it seems they were trying to do for the OP and therefore checking aaward inventory.
On a revenue ticket, the agent would have offered change fee + current price ticket, since this is not IRROPS at the point one calls.

In other words, does an oversold cabin give grounds to a free re-routing with an agent on the phone? The standard answer will be "go to the airport".
Again, agreed completely, which is why with high probably this was going to be a cluster for the OP, and it's a miracle it wasn't. Anybody touching this record before boarding at PHL is a customer service gesture--which folks like JonNYC can sometimes make happen. Once boarding at PHL, options are severely limited and the policies are not in the OP's favor. That is entirely my point.

Last edited by Erasmus; May 22, 2019 at 1:35 pm