FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)
Old May 22, 2019, 11:40 am
yugi

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by invisible
Thanks for informative answers. So I did go ahead and opened both MM and Checking accounts. Afterwards I called the 800 number and confirmed that as long as I have $25000 in my MM savings account, then there will be no account maintenance fees and my MM account will have 2.25% APY. Interest will be credited quarterly.

I already sent two ACH transfers to start funding the account and will wait until they appear in the account. Then I will send remaining funds to get the account to $25K. After that, will wait for a week and apply to AR card. By this time about 10 should be passed from the account opening and it should have $25K in MM and several hundreds in Checking accounts.

Does above approach make sense?

P.S. One unexpected problem - US Bank does not accept Google Voice as a mobile phone number despite the fact that I received messages on it during to account opening.
I am currently overseas, but plan to be in US in mid-June. Is there any way/workaround with above restriction? If I put temporarily real cell number to activate it, can I switch it back to Google Voice afterwards?
If no, is there any SIM available which I can use overseas and won't be bankrupted by roaming SMS charges?
I was able to use Google voice for redeeming via RTR.