FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA personal Platinum Uber $200/year credit (2017-2019)
Old May 22, 2019, 11:38 am
Finance_underling

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by gooselee
My goodness, just took a trip down memory lane of posts from over a year ago. That's why I barely remembered what was going on.

Now that I've reminisced, I can confidently say that I still agree with my past self and the argument that I was previously making: Amex has the data and Amex will do what Amex thinks is best for Amex.

Can we now go back to kvetching about whether Uber Cash is just a minor inconvenience or the actual devil incarnate?
(waving finger) There was never any disagreement or argument about Amex's use/judgement of their "data". Though I'm glad you can still "confidently" with your past self which said Amex will only do what's best for them. Arguing that was bold and risky!

The argument centered on the Uber credits: whether Amex introduced them as a short-term, temporary benefit or a long-term one. I believed the latter. This is the position which I guess you missed on your trip down memory lane.

My guess is that they have enough customers who are either sticky to the brand or will simply remain due to inertia that dropping the benefit, not changing the AF, and not immediately adding a new benefit is a very likely outcome.
As you said, we can reconvene in December.
@mia there was no set deadline per se (as you stated "at least through December"). You're right. You never committed to any time frame or date when you argued for your position that the Uber credits were temporary, not long-term.