FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion
Old May 22, 2019, 9:27 am
G-CIVC

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Following the change in caterer to DO&CO this month the evening LHR-HKG flights have been downgraded to Brunch for 2nd meal in J class. It's truly horrible!!!
That means no more breakfast cards. Only one western option gets pastries for breakfast and the uplift is around 30-50% the pax load only. If you want dessert for the 2nd meal, then you'll have to stick with the veg main option. Chinese option gets you no pastry and no dessert.
The bowl of fruit as a starter had two tiny pieces of melon and two halves of a strawberry - I wonder what the portion would be like in PEY/Y?
Worse still I took the last flight (CX 254 10:20pm) out and it was a 'Supper' service contrary to a full Dinner which has been the case for the past 15 years - no appetizers and limited choice of breads and greens and mains etc. The crew were embarrassed when I pointed out that we have fewer entree choices in J now than PEY