FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Privilege Membership card
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2019, 7:22 am
fender5787

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
QR using the blockade and a card redesign as an excuse?

So I sent a message to QR yesterday via the app about the status of my welcome package and this was the excuse they replied with:

“We regret the inconvenience caused due to the delay of your membership pack as earlier we were facing issues due to GCC crisis and later we were in process of designing new membership packs containing card and baggage tags.

However, we have now completed the process of re-designing the packs and we have processed your Privilege Club Gold membership pack containing card and baggage tags , which you will receive within 4 weeks from the date of dispatch, at your registered mailing address as below”

I’ve seen across this thread that they usually give the “blah blah you’ll get it in 4 weeks blah blah” responses but had anyone got this kind of reply; giving specific excuses? Is it bs? I would hope the national carrier of a state affected by a significant geopolitical issue wouldn’t use that said issue as a bs excuse to their frequent fliers...