FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz HLE vs Airport?
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2019, 8:53 pm
LAHertz

Originally Posted by bennos
If you do get a car type you don't want, then at your convenience take it to an airport property (since they have larger selections) and swap it. You should check in advance that they have inventory, though, probably by calling and telling them you'd like to do a swap. (Weekends are probably best.)
With this being said, what if they gave me a compact when I reserved a minivan? Would they let me swap the compact for a minivan at another location, or just a different compact?

Also, what difference in price do you think would be worth going with the airport vs HLE? Right now the HLE is $140 cheaper over a 24 day period.

Originally Posted by m907
You're not likely to get any grief about the underage fee waiver, because the amount charged is between you and Hertz and the CDP.

But if you reserved an SUV they are likely to give you trouble. Some locations never let under-25 rent an SUV; some don't care; some depend on the mood of the agent.
Is there a good way to check which locations allow this? We are likely going to need to rent an SUV or minivan, so this could be a problem.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 26, 2019 at 12:19 pm Reason: Consecutive posts merged