FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old May 21, 2019, 8:31 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
What I mean by Economy non-flexible is the column that I have squared the header in red.
I understand. What's happening in those columns is that it's a combination of the fare and the inventory. Now, on a day when you see both "flexible" and "non-flexible," it's generally the case that less-expensive inventory buckets are available on the "non-flexible" flights. However, that's not a hard-and-fast rule; there may be other reasons for a fare not to apply to some of the flights. For example, some fares are coded to disallow non-stop travel, or require travel before 7 AM, or etc.

Also, it's possible for there to be no non-flexible fares applicable at all, but there could still be plenty of discount inventory.

The only way to know what should be available for SDC is to look at the inventory buckets for that particular flight.

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It was the iPhone app that I have used.
^ That's good news, as the app has definitely been problematic for some people. I'm still hoping that they're not actually changing the SDC rules...

Originally Posted by WakeTurbulence
Keep in mind it is primarily the advance purchase requirements written into the fare rules and not individual fare bucket availability that prevents this from occurring. It is not uncommon to see all fare classes open close to departure even up to G9 which would allow a free SDC on any fare while the cheapest fare available for sale may be close to full fare.
Precisely.