FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Oversold Business class on our flight this week, we lost award seats
Old May 21, 2019, 5:45 pm
curranch90

Thanks again to everyone that has provided advice and ideas! Your willingness to help a stranger is amazing!

I did attempt OLCI this evening and as @JonNYC predicted, I received the same error message that I've been getting indicating no seats available. I did set up an EF free trial to alert me of any changes. I plan to call AA again tonight though not really expecting anything. Assuming that expectation holds, tomorrow's plan is:
  • Get to DTW by 9:30AM
  • Plan A: Magic happens and they fix it on the existing flight
  • Plan B: Push for them to book me on BA via ORD
  • Plan C is push for a FIM. (Won't say FIM just politely reiterate that I know it's within their power to re-book me in J on a different carrier) I tried to put the below list together of flights with J availability tomorrow from DTW that seemed reasonable.
  • Plan D eventually accept Y if offered with solid compensation (Though I'm not really sure what to ask for above and beyond a full points refund?). I also understand that they don't have to do this and can just put me in Y with the fare difference...
  • Worst Case for me - fly to MAN and either fly or train on my own dime and try to get reimbursed later. We are traveling with hiking gear and have a rather tight itinerary that needs us in our rental car by midday 23rd if at all possible... Would really like to get there on the planned day/time and avoid the hastle of another flight/train ride... Any other type of trip a train ride would be cool but it doesn't fit well into our current game plan
If I have FIM success (apologies if this excel formats poorly once I click post): <defective URL deleted>

Last edited by JDiver; May 21, 2019 at 6:11 pm Reason: Deleted nonfunctioning URL