FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Oversold Business class on our flight this week, we lost award seats
Old May 21, 2019, 7:12 am
Colin

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Maybe I'm wrong, but reading the initial post of the OP it seems that the OP only lost the assigned seats. This can happen for a number of reasons; often equipment change. No ASR doesn't mean that the OP has been bumped from the J class cabin; most likely the OP is still confirmed on the AA flight to EDI. It would be very unusual for a carrier to offload the OP from the flight in advance even if the flight is overbooked in J class. Why should AA do so? If the flight is indeed overbooked in J/C this will be resolved at the airport/the gate.

So in my opinion the OP should check-in as normal and most likely the check-in agent at DTW will be able to assign seats for PHL-EDI as well - or the OP will be assigned seats at the gate in PHL. I don't get why we are even talking about rerouting here; most likely the OP will be on the AA flight to EDI in biz and if not, OP will be rebooked to another flight if needed or downgraded. The former is easily dealt with by airport staff and rebooking will be done regardless of award seats being available or not. But trying to rebook in advance will of course require award seats to be available like any other voluntary rebooking, but this has nothing to do with IRROPS on the day of traveling.
perfect analysis. assuming you really want to travel this week, show up to fly. if at DTW check-in you are issued a downgraded boarding pass for PHL-EDI, you should attempt to get the DTW agent to resolve the matter to your satisfaction which for me would be to maintain a one-stop connection DTW-EDI in J. i would be asking for AA to issue a FIM (flight interruption manifest) to reroute DTW-EDI on UA via EWR/IAD/ORD, on DL/KL via AMS, on AF via CDF, on LH via FRA. keep asking different AA employees until you find one to issue the FIM.