FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passenger removed for using phone
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2019, 5:08 am
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Right, and FA's should learn more respect towards the passengers, really. Passengers shouldn't have to be obedient like a bunch of dogs or else get kicked off the plane.

From reading multiple flight encounters between pax and FA's, it seems like the FA's need a lesson in the delivery of a message. You can get a clear message across without being rude or using the words "excuse me??." Saying, "excuse me??" outside of when you accidentally run into someone or interrupt a conversation makes me want to rip that person's hair out, and I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Perhaps airlines should make customer service lessons a priority during training.
But it is okay for pax to ignore the safety briefings and ignore directions? How many times do pax need to be told switch the phone to airplane mode for it to be acceptable for them to be removed from the plane if they do not comply?

Switching the phone to airplane mode for the flight is not an "option" at the whim of some "power tripping" FA. Similar rule to needing to have your seatbelt fastened and tray table up.

Follow the rules or do not fly - kudos to the FA and pilot. Would like to see this happen more often to pax who think they are "special" and rules do not apply to them.