FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Dynamic Award Pricing" by UA; questions, experiences, .... {Archive}
Old May 21, 2019, 1:40 am
phkc070408

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Being once-per-year leisure flyers, CC spend is one of the best ways we can earn miles. I would love to drop my explorer card right now, but we earn so many miles through other MP unique programs where it would be harder, if at all possible, to earn flexible-points. So far in 2019, we've earned more points through the MPX app, MP Shopping, MP Dining, BP Rewards, and the other "bread and butter" sources of miles than through the CC, therefor sticking with UA is still the best way to go for us.

Admitingly, MP is no longer the gold star it used to be, but I don't see where it is much worse than the other programs are (based on what I've read on here), thus there is no benefit to giving up these non-credit card spend sources of points.

My biggest fear is how much current award-rates inflate. Seeing some of those DL numbers is not encouraging. Mrs. and I have a big trip planed in a few years and we won't be able to take it if we can't pay for it with miles.

Last edited by phkc070408; May 21, 2019 at 1:50 am Reason: Auto-Correct error