FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old May 20, 2019, 6:48 pm
homeone

Programs: AA Plat Pro; DL Gold; UA Silver; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pentiumii
I was physically in the wing lounge in HKG and asked that same question regarding being able to change the hkg-han leg where I could stay a few days in HKG when I fly that side of the ticket in October. Their first check was to see the change fee and asked if I would be willing to pay 107 USD. I said yes and they proceeded to look at my dates and could not find any. But, it led me to believe that if I kept calling from the states and they had seats available, then I could get the layover for the change fee. Assuming it would be the same for the DAD leg (unless the VN airline threw in a curve). Hope this helps. If I could make my ideal change, I would be asking to change the date so we could spend a few days in HKG, and then change the destination from Hanoi to Danang since we really want to go to an hoi. Will appreciate any updates you get if you call them.
was your ticketed booked on CX website or third party such as orbitz like me?? (this could affect how you were quoted) someone correct me if i'm wrong but i doubt will allow you to change the destination of return leg from HAN to DAD. i could be wrong but i dont recall hearing of that without triggering a full reprice. i guess the next step would be to try calling CX customer service and ask for the change of date for sfo - HKG and then additional layover in hkg and see what total price i get quoted. totally happy paying the ~100 USD price for that change. if CX can't help, i'll try orbitz customer service next then. any thoughts?