FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)
Old May 20, 2019, 7:39 am
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by eamond
No CA-CA direct is not available and even if they offered me CA-CA I might have just accepted that. (for the sake of not ruining my holiday)

And last time when I receive my booking it was on a Saturday evening so I assume they actually work - although as you've said must be on their own schedule but anyway. I played around with points with BA, BD, US, AA & UA previously (and together with QF since I'm based in Oz) and none of them are as imcompetent as AV's ones.

The point is, if their website's competent enough we can save so much drama that we're having on this thread!

Cheers
Michael
i agree there's a lot that could be done to improve the LM booking engine. But these problems have been going on for years! It's the risk most of us have accepted by now and it's probably never going to change.

There are occasionally some pretty big benefits though... LM had TG availability when it was completely blocked by UA a few months ago. And there was the glitch opening Lufthansa first class for booking a whole year in advance. Also some pretty neat deals for 72K miles F class Asia to USA. No one can compete with those prices.