FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The CWL (Cardiff) Master Thread
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2019, 10:34 pm
TravelDream

As I said above, the anecdotal reports are all over the place. Obviously the LF is extremely variable and we should follow the CAA's figures to see the full picture.

I've said for a long time that I think the route will stick until at least 2022 and that it is an ideal route for the A321LR.

AAB has already said the business cabin on the A321 will be in a 1-1 configuration and will offer 'unparalleled privacy'. The total capacity has not been revealed, but I imagine they would have around 160 seats.

If that plane (A321LR with 160 seats) had operated the route in March, instead of the 787, the LF would have been 86% and we'd all be applauding the route with it having the highest LF of any UK route in that month. Even if it had operated daily, the LF would have been 61% and higher than MAN.

It's also ideal as a route which 'shares' a 787 and A321. With Cardiff getting the 787 in the summer and a SE Asian destination like Krabi, Penang or Chiang Mai getting it in the winter and the A321LR in the other season.