FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gripe/Rant: Lounge breakfast in the US
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2019, 6:12 pm
oc2005
Suspended

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
It bothers me that Hyatts with lounges are allowed to weasel out of the globalist breakfast requirement by serving a cold breakfast. Sorry, but croissants and cold cuts are not breakfast.

I am finishing up a very enjoyable stay at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach. I went to the lounge this morning, took one look at their sad breakfast offerings, and walked 15 min to a cafe for a real breakfast instead. In my experience, this is a common problem at Hyatt Regency properties in the US (not all, but most)

I feel that the existence of a lounge should not lower the breakfast requirements. If you went for a restaurant breakfast (at a non-lounge property) and were told that you could only order pastries and cold cuts, but no hot food, that would not be acceptable. So, why is it acceptable in a lounge?

If they want to offer a buffet-style breakfast, that's fine, but there should be bare minimum requirements on it -- it should at least include standard hot breakfast dishes like breakfast meats, eggs, and potatoes, as well as fresh fruits and pastries.

It's sad when breakfast at a $500/night resort is not even up to the standards of a Hyatt Place or a Holiday Inn Express.
Wow - surprised to hear that about HB Hyatt! Have stayed there dozen+ times in the past and they have always had two hot items in the lounge for breakfast -- typically oatmeal plus one rotating hot item like egg and cheese in a bacon cup or huevos rancheros. That plus pastries and fruit has always made for a nice breakfast in the past. Could they have run out of the hot item temporarily (I'm hoping!)?