FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Insane person at OAK today
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2019, 5:13 am
Badenoch
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by WillCAD
"Well, ma'am, since I'm behind you in the line and you are delaying me in my travels, that MAKES this my business. And since I was only making polite and helpful suggestions that would benefit both you and everyone behind you in the line, I think YOU are the rude person in this scenario. Please finish your chores quickly so the hundred people stuck behind you can continue through the checkpoint. Some of us have flights to catch."
That's a good approach if your objective is to escalate a delay of a couple of minutes into a further confrontation. While you might be a person who feels free to rebuke slow women be mindful of who she might be with. An accompanying male might take offense to your patronizing and insulting tone.

A couple of months my wife and I were stuck in a long exit line at YYZ. A fairly aggressive fellow began pushing my wife and demanding she "hurry up." He was quite started to discover she was accompanied by a large man who took exception. The fellow's departure was further delayed as he was advised in very direct terms to mind his manners and keep his hands to himself.

My mantra at the airport is only you care about whether you catch your flight. The airline, security, cab drivers, shop clerks and other passengers couldn't give a damn so adjust your expectations accordingly.