Old May 19, 19, 1:50 am
mad_atta

Programs: OZ*G, VA gold, NZ*G (Elite), QF bronze, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Thanks for sharing! I'm so envious that you had 10 weeks in Mexico. We recently visited, and had 4 days in Mexico City and 5 days in the Yucatan - really loved both and could happily have stayed much longer. Already wondering when I can make it back to Mexico to see more of the place...

I also recommend visiting Merida, which was an unexpected highlight of our trip, with its gorgeous colonial centre and wealth of culture and great restaurants. Two tips for Merida from us:
  • Hotel Luz en Yucatan was very reasonably priced, super friendly and had a lovely pool for whiling away the steamy part of the afternoon. Oh and a trolley of tequila and mezcal in the common area from which you could help yourself for free!
  • If you're a coffee lover, definitely check out Manifesto Casa Tostadora Calabrese - by far the best coffee we had anywhere in the country. They roast only Mexican beans and are utterly passionate about it.