FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change fee plus additional miles required for same day award flight?
Old May 18, 2019, 10:39 pm
lesocw

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I have a mixed class business/Suites saver award that I booked in Jan 2019. Last week, I wanted to change the business segment (Phuket to SIN) to a same day morning flight. I was advised that it would be a $25 change fee...That's it. I went ahead and booked the change on Sunday.

Now I just received a call from a SQ rep stating that it will be an additional 12,000 miles for them to process the ticket. He said that this is due to the award miles increasing. When I spoke to multiple reps before, they told me about the $25 fee, not additional miles. I asked to speak to a manager directly. The rep said he will call me back to see if it can be resolved...

My question is am I supposed to pay the difference in miles? Is this accurate? Again, it's still the saver award and I'm only changing the time, everything else is still the same.

​​​

i am guessing during pre devaluation (around Jan) and pre silkair flights merger into SQ when you booked your ticket, all the HKT-SIN silkair flights was MI coded
MI 751
MI 753
MI 755
MI 757
MI 759 ,

after devaluation and silkair merged their booking system into SQ, all the silkair HKT-SIN routes became "SQ50xx Operated by silkair"

MI 751 -> . SQ5051
MI 753 . -> SQ5053
MI 755 . -> SQ5055
MI 757 . -> SQ5057
MI 759 . -> SQ5059

therefore from your original flight "MI7xx" is now "SQ50xx operated by silkair", the ticket needs to be reissued,

"E ticket - MI757 - SQ26" now becomes "SQ 5051 Operated by silkair - SQ26"

MI code to SQ code is considered a change in aircraft carrier thus the rickets needs to be reissued and more miles charged

i guess thats the explanation for your situation. cheers.